Thursday 23 February 2012

Poster No.2 Development

I started this poster by trying to replicate the 'Hyperspeed' effect used in Star Wars, as I have noticed this is similar to looking at the sky in heavy rain, which makes rain amazing and fun.

It is going to include the type:

 'Looking up into the rain is the closest you can get to hyperspeed, without an x-wing'

I started by drawing a lot of lines and using the width adjustor tool to make them more dynamic.


I tried picking some fonts which would suit the poster.



 My initial idea was to put the type in a circle at the centre of the 'hyperspeed' tunnel. This looked good on paper but when I started working digitally it looked a bit rubbish. So I went back to design sheets to develop the idea more thoroughly.


Thought it would be a good idea to include a simple image of an X-wing incase people were unsure as to what this was.


This allowed me to see which layouts would work best and how to arrange type without having to go through a lot of digital trial and error.

X-wing


More Type development:


I like text that runs in a circle, it takes a bit more commitment to read it which makes it more fun, similar to the jumbled up sentences that David Carson often uses.
 Cheesy Star Wars vibes






When I was happy with the imagery and type it's just a case of making the poster look 'complete'. I can't bring myself to 'keep it simple', it needs more stuff going on!









No comments:

Post a Comment