Friday 3 February 2012

Post Crit Blog Post

After the Crit today the points raised were:


  • Do all ten products work as a set or a sequence?
  • What is the Context and Audience of your products?
  • What problem are your products addressing?
I am happy that my products are addressing the issue of false advertising and healthier eating.

After seeing some of my peers work I have noticed that there is a problem of continuity with my work. This has occurred as a result of bad planning during the design development process. I designed each piece individually without consideration of it working as a set, when I should have decided on the general aesthetic and colour scheme and designed around that. It is too late in the project for me to make any big changes to my products now, but this is something I will consider in the future when designing groups of products.


However the context and audience of my products is very unclear, I am going to research healthier eating groups and see if any would be a suitable endorser of the products I have made. I am going to say that the burger boxes would be handed out in branded paper bags to people in the street/ fast food customers.
The problem with the context of my work is that the content originated from 'what advertisers don't tell you' so the majority deals with healthier living but as a complete set the pixelated poster that says advertisers use sex to sell products doesn't fit in with a 'Change4Life' campaign or anything.


CONTEXT

I think that the best fitted context for my products is 'Adbusters'.
I am going to brand my collection of products as an Adbusters package geared towards a teenage audience. The general theme for my products is 'Know what's going on behind the scenes' which is generally the ethos of Adbusters.

I could do with printing some Adbusters stickers for my products to help tie them together as a set.
I am going to adjust the Adbusters logo to suit the general colour scheme of my product range.

No comments:

Post a Comment