Monday 6 February 2012

Photoshop Postcard brief

I started applying some of the techniques we learnt in the photoshop tutorial to some of the photos I took in colour theory. But this, as you can see looked pretty horrible. Mainly because the photos I was working with weren't very good.

I then moved onto using a large panoramic picture I took of my home village after being taught how to use 'Photostitch' in the tutorials.

I improved the photograph by adding Levels, Colour/ Brightness and Hue/Saturation Layer masks.




I began working into it using, shapes, layers and different blend modes. I've also added some text listing things that are red that I could think of.


When I was happy with the design I realised it was looking a bit pink so I consulted my original colour theory photos and used the Colour levels adjustment layer mask to suit the colours to my original pantone colours.



For the rear of the postcards I used the eyedropper tool to identify the various shades of reds pantone codes:


i identified 5 different codes for each postcards and put it on the back.






No comments:

Post a Comment