Thursday 9 May 2013

Development

These are the icons that represent: politics, sport, games, music, literature and art & design

These icons will be used for way finding and identification on the forum the forum and to indicate the theme of particular nights in promotional material


Building from my thumbnails and wireframes I began designing the program that would deliver a month by month run down of events.

I compared relevant typefaces to see which suited the bar best as well as complimenting the typeface I designed.

I am going to use uppercase Plantanaget Cherokee for titles and Palatino for body copy and numbers.


I realised that I waas trying to fit too much information on by putting three months on one page


After dedicating the page to one month the layout made more sense and was easier to take in.






I mocked up a basic layout of how the program could be printed being cost effective and practical:

The program will have a loose cover that has the Peoples Common branding on it


a folded sheet then pulls out, the front page of this explains what the Peoples Common is, and explains how the quest interviewees and AMA's work


unfolding this reveals 2 months worth of listings designed as above


a final turn shows a third month of listings


This then unfolds into a typographic poster that the user can display wherever they want


As this program covers 3 months worth of material this publication will be designed and released on a quarterly basis.




No comments:

Post a Comment