Tuesday 5 March 2013

To Dry For, Tea Towel Design Competition

Before this competition arose I had an idea to screen print Tea Towels with altered Rap lyrics on them to appeal to Mother's that are ironically buying them for their kids that are off to uni.

After dabbling around with a few ideas I decided to use a bold multi- typographic style that I was relatively comfortable with, mainly because I had a very limited time to turn the brief around.







This was the final design that I submitted:


Unfortunately, because they screen print the tea towels it wasn't possible to create the third colour that is produced by multiplying layers so I had to compromise on that for the submission.

These are mock ups of what I wanted the towel to look like with a variety of colourways:









No comments:

Post a Comment