Monday 18 March 2013

Cop Concept Crit

Title of Publication: What makes Design Inimitable?

I intend to communicate the relationship between:


  • Decoration/ Communication
  • Client / Designer
  • Original Content / trends
  • Quality/ Quantity
  • Trend & time
I intend to inform a group of Designers/ clients that fashion/ trends/ unoriginality does not constitute good design.

In order to achieve this I will produce a series of publications that make specific points from different perspectives.

The main area that I need to iron out in this proposition is the audience, I could target it at design students- reminding them that originality and independence is more important than following trends, or I could aim it toward clients, proving to them that the job of a designer is much deeper than surface aesthetics that you can get for free from Moo.com, Vista Print, Word, etc.

I think that aiming it at clients will be more interesting and relevant as choosing design students is a bit of a cop off and simple ask because it is essentially designing for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment