Thursday 7 March 2013

Mind Map for Small Talk

After doing basic initial research into the topic I decided to mind map all of the avenues that I could take the topic and hopefully find an application for the content that would be fitting and make an interesting project.

This process was very helpful and will allow me to structure and organise the content of the research publication


The most interesting application that I thought of was an online or physical publication that would put students in contact with industry professionals and help them get a foot in the door, this could feature student spotlight articles and interviews with existing professionals. However I think that this sort of thing is quite common and I have often down work that is based around my own demographic, it would be more interesting to do design for a completely different and specific audience.



I like the idea of designing some kind of online social networking site but I'm unsure if there is any need for something that doesn't already exist. These are all avenues that I need to research more and document in the publication.


Some topics that I can start looking into further are:

Existing restaurant/ bar branding
Campaigns that have been situated in a social environment
Existing social networking sites and how they differ from each other
Various other research on small talk topics and cultural differences


No comments:

Post a Comment