Wednesday 5 December 2012

Type Factory







Developing a name and initial logo


I have tried using some names that could be applied to the museum and gallery such as Letterform and Dialect

I tried doing some quick, potential logos but they ended up looking a bit too much like a night club




I decided to stick with the name 'Type Factory' 

I tried playing around with negative space to see if anything worked well as a logo



Factory silhouette




I quite like this idea that looks like a stamp about to be pressed onto paper when it is turned upside down:


Using this with the negative space idea you can manipulate it so that there is a black F and a white T for 'Type Factory'


I wanted to use a serif type face as this references the history of typography and doesn't make it appear too industrial and bauhaus.

Cut edges: looks a bit like an SD card= digital + manual





Losing one of the rectangles allows the logo to tesselate well with the type, this also makes it look like a factory when it is turned 90 degrees anti-clockwise






Logo could be made even more minimal which I quite like but think that it may look confusing without seeing any of the development work




Potential variation





















Testing the logo in a few different applications








No comments:

Post a Comment