Tuesday 20 November 2012

Images for Web


I have taken these images from the World Toilet Day website and made them black and white as I want to design a website that takes a different approach to the existing website. 

The feedback I have received for the Toilet Day material is that people are unaware that it is an actual day and an actual problem so I really want to push the seriousness in this website:






I want the first page you come to to intrigue and get you to dig deeper. To make it obvious that it is a live campaign with a serious problem I decided to go with this as the initial image you see:

To communicate that it is about poor sanitation and bad hygiene being the cause of millions of death I have used some grungey brushes to dirty it up a bit:









After a while making a digital mess I have decided to go with this as the information is still clear and looks intriguing.


Ideally, the mouse would act as a sponge when it is moved around the screen, cleaning the page which clearly links to improving sanitation and gives a visual idea of what the day is about.

e.g.









No comments:

Post a Comment