Friday 2 November 2012

Design For Print - Design Sheets

This is the basic skeleton of what the content is going to be in my publication fro design for print:


The main sections of the publication are going to be covering Colour, Artwork and Print Processes.

Initial ideas:
The publication needs to be easy to use and very functional so that I could use it myself for future reference. I decided that having a small collection (5 or 6) handbooks stored in a robust box would work well and it would allow me to emboss the box and use various binding methods on the different books along with splitting the information up logically so that you can find what you need quickly and efficiently.


I will colour code the topics to make them easily identifiable:



I want the layouts to be really clear with minimal written information- just the essential parts with the focus mainly on image so that it is easy to absorb and isn't overwhelming with information and looking too much like a manual.


The books that cover format and stock will take a much more tactile and hands-on approach, the format will contain many scale versions of various paper sizes individually cut out as this is something that I would find helpful as I am often folding paper and trying to figure out what I can fit onto one sheet of A3/ A2 etc.
The stock book will feature a variety of stock samples that could be used in print which can be used as a quick and useful reference when designing for a project.



The book covering artwork should have a lot of screen shotted material and checklists to review before finalising any project. The process book will be the most content heavy book as it will detail the different print methods with diagrams, method, uses, and an average price value.



No comments:

Post a Comment