Wednesday 7 November 2012

Design for Print: Interim Crit Feedback

Strengths:
  • Good detail of information for audience
  • Very visual- well suited to the audience
  • Interactive qualities will work well because print is about feeling and seeing
  • Strong exploration/ experimentation.
Areas for Improvement:
  • Bit too much on some spreads, make layout simpler with more white space
  • Consider and try out suitable stock for the box
  • Keep colours for type to a minimum
Considerations and Action

I need to plan and try making the books that are going to be used as reference for stock and format. I also need to decide what I am going to use for the white box that contains all the manuals. I am thinking about ordering a print of the book with all the information as this will produce a more professional outcome than trying to make it in digital print, with this in mind I will need to design the publication to the dimensions that are available to me. I will however, have to construct the other books by hand and they will have to work as a set so I need to research the specific dimensions that I am going to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment