Tuesday 2 October 2012

Studio Workshop- Packaging

I chose this box to work from


When deconstructed the net of the box is like this:


The branding that I chose to combine the packaging with was taken from this clothing label:




These are the 20 variations of 'Fly53' branding that I came up with for the net I chose:







From these designs I chose what I thought worked the best and then tried applying them to 4 other nets which I will later print and assemble.
These are the nets of my packaging






These are the vector traces of the nets:



I tried out a couple of designs that I thought were the most successful





I tried adding in some colours that Fly 53 have previously used:



I then applied this design to the 5 nets referring to the original nets to see where the branding would end up and which way it had to be:


After looking at these designs for a while I think that the white looks a bit offensive and a more 'stealthy' colour would work better:




Printed and assembled products:
















Feedback






The definitive points of feedback that we got as a group were:
  • Stock quality- it's better to print onto good stock rather than poor stock and trying to make photos of the product look good.
  • Craftsmanship- shoddy cutting, should use laser cutter or sharp scalpel
  • Range of nets- Good application of design over different styles of net
  • Colours and use of design- could have used colour more effectively- make sure that printing onto different stock doesn't affect the colours.
  • Context- are you using a net that is instantly associated with a product? Some nets are stuck to a brand even if the branding is removed (e.g. coca cola bottle, Toblerone, Duracell battery pack)



No comments:

Post a Comment