Monday 1 October 2012

3x Promo Material for World Toilet Day

For one of these products I thought that a door hanger would work well as this could be placed in the environment that it is promoting, I wanted all these designs to be relatively short on information and more to lead the audience online to the world toilet day's website and social network sites.


Development of Hanger







Creative Interpretation of a Flier


For the 'creative interpretation of a flier' product I wanted to make a small self assembly paper toilet that the user could assemble and have on their desk to prompt questions about world toilet day or to assemble and give to a friend to spread the word.
I began by sketching out some nets that I thought might work and making a lot of mock ups:



I then started filling in the net with what I thought would work...


But after printing and trying it out it wasn't how I imagined it at all and it was hardly recognisable as a toilet!







I tried a new design where I got rid of all the blue so it would look more like a small toilet

 This design looked better than the first one did on screen but after I printed it and tried assembling it I would see that it wasn't working either. This simple box shape didn't suit the complicated gradients.



I experimented with some nets that would bend but this ended up becoming complicated and would be too complex a net for me to make or for anybody to assemble easily.




I liked this part of one of the mock ups, which is the flush closet that sits on top of the toilet so from this I decided to keep it simple and make it into a little square toilet with simple shades,


something similar to this:

Despite my printer running low on ink I could see that this direction could work pretty well if it was printed better on thicker stock and the two parts were the same size


I combined the 2 simple nets to make this all in one toilet net with only 4 flaps that need inserting


I then designed a flier around this net to give people an idea of the cause and the purpose of the toilet:



Non A-Format poster


I initially thought that designing a sheet of paper that could be used to wrap some toilet paper up in would be a good idea which people could use and then they'd be left with a crumply poster which in some ways references the toilet paper.
I had some imagery from the summer brief products that I could use to make a pattern aswell:




I tried wrapping a toilet roll up in a square of paper


I found the stock difficult to fold but twisting the ends a bit like a christmas cracker worked well.

This is the design I came up with:




Finished Products














No comments:

Post a Comment