Friday 30 March 2012

It's your Choice

"Select a brief, task, response or product that you have completed as part of the programme and improve on it. What will choose & why? How will you improve it and for what reason?

Review all the work, tasks and workshops that you have been involved in since september and identify an opportunity to revisit something that you wish you had more time to complete, could change the decisions that you made or should have researched / developed more thoroughly. You can only select from briefs that you have completed and not those that are currently under development."




The project that stand out as one that i'm not happy with is the '100 things you need to know about Advertising', as my products didn't work as a set and I was focussing on too much information. 
I would like to redo the final products of this brief. I will make them work as a set and I will make the content and information being communicated more focussed.




This was my final collection of 10 products.


If I were to redo this I would limit my colour palette and focus the information more and keep the 'style' of the design fluent across all products.



The content of this collection included:

  • Money spent on advertising
  • consumption figures
  • ingredients
  • health
  • food photography 
  • negative effects of products.
This resulted in a set of products that didn't have much in common with each other. I need to find one area of interest and research into it in depth.


After brainstorming how to redo this brief whilst keeping the same content but narrowing it down I realised that the content is relatively boring.




Post brainstorm I decided to go for something a bit more fun and less Adbusters.
I decided the 'How To..' brief would be a good one to redo as our group went down a route which was relatively ill-informed and didn't make much sense. 
I am going to restart this brief completely and do:
"How to have fun when it's raining", 


Mind Map




I am going to produce a product which will have multiple games designed to be played with multiple people indoors, I will produce the packaging and branding for it and make sure that all components work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment