Thursday 19 January 2012

Design Sheets

Design Sheet for infograf poster, quote poster and flier







I had an idea to uncover some of the hidden information in iconic advertising. Such as getting an old marlboro man advert and adding text that reveals this is the 3rd marlboro man because the other two died from lung cancer.
Or answering the question 'Dr Pepper, whats the worst that can happen?' with Diabetes/ tooth decay etc,


I could base a flier around whats written in the small print of advertising that the decorative and attractive part glazes over and keeps hidden.


I like the quote 'Society drives people crazy with lust and calls it Advertising'- John Lahr
I think it says a lot about advertising, particularly for alcohol.



Here I have defined what content each format will deliver:
I am going to have a poster that unveils the techniques used in food photography, one that is an infographic on the economic side of advertising in comparison with other spending and a poster with the 'lust' quote.
I am going to have a flier which has some factual information about number of adverts seen etc.
and a flier which reveals what is hidden in small print by swapping small print and main print.
I am going to print a net of a burger box that has nutritional information about fast food.
I am also going to print nutrition information stickers and put them on a burger box that has no branding to see if people still want to eat it without the aesthetic seduction.


No comments:

Post a Comment