Tuesday 10 January 2012

CATEGORIZE

Morality Stance on Advertising.
Categorising quotes:

Against:

"Advertising - a judicious mixture of flattery and threats."
Northrop Frye



"Advertising degrades the people it appeals to; it deprives them of their will to choose."
Carrie P. Snow



"Advertising is legalized lying." 
H. G. Wells 



"Advertisers constantly create cures to which there is no desease."


"Advertising is the art of making whole lies out of half truths."
Edgar A. Shoaff



"I can not think of any circumstances in which advertising would not be an evil."
Arnold J. Toynbee



"Society drives people crazy with lust and calls it advertising."
John Lahr



“I do not read advertisements - I would spend all my time wanting things” Franz Kafka


“Our society's values are being corrupted by advertising's insistence on the equation: Youth equals popularity, popularity equals success, success equals happiness.” John Fisher


"But men are so full of greed today, they'll sell anything for a little piece of money."
Little Richard



Dishonesty is so grasping it would deceive God himself, were it possible.
George Bancroft



Television is chewing gum for the eyes.
Frank Lloyd Wright



Honesty is for the most part less profitable than dishonesty.
Plato



For:


"A magazine is simply a device to induce people to read advertising."
James Collins



"A viewer who skips the advertising is the moral equivalent of a shoplifter."
Nicholas Johnson



"Advertising generally works to reinforce consumer trends rather than to initiate them."
Michael Schudson



"Advertising is only evil when it advertises evil things."
David Ogilvy



"Creative without strategy is called 'art.' Creative with strategy is called 'advertising.'"
Jef I. Richards



"I do not regard advertising as entertainment or an art form, but as a medium of information."
David Ogilvy



"I've always been a fan of advertising, I've always been a fan of television, I've loved commercials, I've loved all the jingles, I loved all the stuff."
Jon Hamm



"Nothing except the mint can make money without advertising."
Thomas B. Macaulay








No comments:

Post a Comment