Wednesday 25 April 2012

Your Choice- Design Sheets


After researching board game packaging that I think works well I have decided to design in a relatively modern, bold and clear style without too much unnecessary detail. 

This design sheet explores potential designs for packaging for playing cards and layout for a contents page which will make up part of a book.




My products are going to come as part of a packaged product called the 'Fun Box' which will be a relatively portable size (20cm x 20 x 20) in it there will be a publication (s) that give instructions of games and also the products that are necessary to play the games (e.g. cards, shot glasses, dice etc.)



Other products I could look into adding are a magnifying glass- for novelty, gimmick purposes, or a cd that has various music that games could be played around. Also a shot glass box would be good. I don't want the games to be strictly alcohol related so I decided to include potential forfeit (non- alcoholic) recipes on the sides of the box.

This design sheet explored the  front cover of the book and the layouts and style that would be continuous throughout the graphic range.
I have had trouble in previous briefs where my products haven't worked as well as a set so I want to focus specific attention on making this range of products work strongly together as well as individually.

I have picked some ideas to take forward and experiment with digitally to see which are the most successful and suitable to the purpose of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment