Wednesday 10 April 2013

"Good Is...Small Talk" Start of Designs

The USP for the Bar that I am branding is that it hosts themed nights that are designed to bring people with a common interest together into a friendly and comfortable social environment.


I had to create a suitable name for the bar that subtly communicates the premise of the bar and also appeal to the audience that would be most likely to use the bar.

The audience that I am focussing on is mainly 3rd year University students that are trying to get a foot in the door for their careers and also build links within their respective industries. So the aesthetics of the bar should be friendly, yet professional, and original and welcoming.


After mind mapping various names I have settled on the name 'The Peoples Common' as the bar is somewhere that people with common interests can meet, it is also quite a mysterious and intriguing name that could be shortened to 'The Common' when used in conversation.









Working from design sheets I developed this typeface style that I think is very visual interesting and unlike other branding that is around at the moment




I developed this further for the entire logotype



In terms of imagery I was set on using a tin telephone as this illustrates what the bar is there for- it encourages communication


I like the look of this but having two people listening makes no sense..





Give him some glasses to differentiate him from the other man:



This is the finished base of all branding to come from this, this design will be used on coasters and signage



A potential smaller version of the logo could be this:









No comments:

Post a Comment