Friday 2 December 2011

Type and Layout

I have been assigned the role of designing type and layout, these are some experiments that I have done to see which works best, i think it's quite hard to tell when the other elements of the poster are missing. In some of these I am overcomplicating the design, and the overall result of the poster would benefit from keeping it simple.


I think a banner is relevant to the gypsy/ tarot underlying themes but it also looks a bit 'piratey' and gives the wrong impression.

This banner looks too modern for the purpose I want it for


I think that this layout works the best out of these 5 because it's simple and nicely alligned.



Having birds holding a banner would look good if it was done well but I don't think i'd be able to execute it well enough.

Solely type works best. I will explore more options until I get a result I am happy with.


No comments:

Post a Comment